Monday, October 3, 2016

Which List Do You Choose?

Every one of us is extremely adept at rationalizing or making excuses for not doing something that we know in our hearts we should do.  Serving within or outside of church is no exception.  Here’s a quick list of eight excuses for not serving:

1.   I don’t have time.
2.   I don’t have any special skills to contribute.
3.   I am not really needed.
4.   I will volunteer when I have some extra time and when life eases up.
5.   I won’t know anybody, and I’m just not a people person.
6.   I may be asked to do something I’ve never tried before.
7.   I am one person; I can’t make a difference
8.   I don’t know what cause to get involved with; there are so many causes and organizations.

They all begin with “I”, and there are many more where those come from.

Rick Warren said: “To all excuses God will respond, “Sorry, wrong answer. I created, saved, and called you and commanded you to live a life of service. What part did you not understand?”

Know that God has equipped all of us to serve others. And the only way to find out how you are best equipped is to take that first step, and say “Yes.”  Moses sad Yes.  David said Yes.  Paul said Yes.  All reluctantly.

Saying Yes to serving others will lead to blessings. Here’s a quick list of eight blessings that await you (and you’ll find in reality it’s a much longer list):

1.   Serving allows us to discover and develop our spiritual gifts.
2.   Serving allows us to experience miracles.
3.   Serving allows us to experience the joy and peace that comes from obedience.
4.   Serving helps us to be more like Jesus.
5.   Serving surrounds us with other Christians who can help us follow Jesus.
6.   Serving increases our faith.
7.   Serving allows us to experience God’s presence in new ways.
8.   Serving is good for your soul.

You can say yes with a simple email to info@northridgeserves.com, and we will help you take that step.


No comments:

Post a Comment