Monday, September 19, 2016

Interview with Dr. Brian Fikkert

This fall, the Northridge Serves team is collectively reading When Helping Hurts in order to have an understanding of Northridge Church's outreach strategy. Below is a link to an interview with Dr. Brian Fikkert, author of When Helping Hurts, giving an overview of the book and Dr. Fikkert's ministry through the Chalmers Center at Covenant College.



"Everything around me is wired to remove pain and to give me great comfort and assurance. There is a sense in which I don’t see a need for God in the everyday. I do intellectually, of course. But in the way I experience my Christian life and the way I live it out, there is a sense where I do not reach out to God as desperately as people who are in need do. I really do need him for every moment, but I do believe that Western Civilization has inoculated me a bit." - Dr. Brian Fikkert

No comments:

Post a Comment